Clayton Cubitt is a pretty rad photographer. In 2012, he started a series of videos called Hysterical Literature. Shot in black and white these seven vids (so far) feature seven different ladies (so far) reading from a book of their choice while sitting on a vibrator and bringing themselves to orgasm for art:
Hysterical Literature: a viral video art series exploring mind/body dualism, distraction portraiture, and the contrast between culture and sexuality.
The first video features my fav adult performer, Stoya, reading from Necrophilia Variations by Supervert (the only book in the series I haven’t read and must now get my hands on).
The other ladies cumming and reading are some of Clayton’s “friends and industry comrades.” So, you know, cool New York people: my favorite (besides Stoya) being a three way tie between Tessa, Stormy, and Danielle.
Who’s your favorite?
7. Amanda reading from A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
6. Solé reading from Beloved by Toni Morrison
5. Teresa reading from Sexing the Cherry by Jeanette Winterson
4. Stormy reading from American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
3. Danielle reading from Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins
2. Alicia reading from Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
1. Stoya reading from Necrophilia Variations by Supervert